Infrared Beam Smoke Detection Protects Chemical Treatment Centre in Hungary
A major chemical treatment centre in Budapest, Hungary is using a FIRERAY 5000 and 14 FIRERAY F50R reflective infrared beam smoke detectors from Fire Fighting Enterprises (FFE) as part of its fire protection system.
The system was designed and installed by the company’s Hungarian distributor Elektrovill Biztonságtechnikai Zrt. The beam detectors are being used to cover large, open areas of the centre, as the wall-mounting and massive detection area per unit make them a more efficient and effective option in such an environment.
“We realised that in this aggressive chemical environment we would not be able to use normal point detectors” said Ákos Kürti, the Managing Director of Elektrovill. Each FIRERAY F50R unit can protect an area of up to 750m2 from a single wired installation point on a wall near the ceiling. The F50R hosts the IR beam transmitter and receiver in the same housing, with the beam being aimed at a prismatic reflector plate on the opposite wall to the unit. Smoke entering the beam path causes interference and reduction in signal strength, resulting in an alarm signal when a preset threshold is reached.
In the treatment centre, the detectors are situated in the warehousing and storage areas of the complex, which feature the type of open-plan architecture and high ceilings that make the most of the beam detectors’ particular advantages. “Deformation caused by change in temperature is a huge problem here in certain parts of the centre, but we prevented these types of faults with the new 5000 series” – said Kürti. Although not necessary in this instance, ATEX-approved FIRERAY models are also available for use in explosion-risk environments.
For more information please contact:
Fire Fighting Enterprises
Halma India Pvt. Ltd.
B1- 401, Boomerang,
Chandivali, Andheri (E), Mumbai – 400072
Tel: 022 6708 0400, Fax: 022 6708 0415
- Fireray Beam Smoke Detectors Protect Dubai International Airport’s New A380 ConcourseThe recently opened new Concourse A of Dubai International Airport...
- Apollo Fire Detectors Appoints New Sales Manager for IndiaLeading independent smoke detector manufacturer Apollo Fire Detectors has appointed...
- Ocean Optics High Resolution Near-Infrared Spectrometer Covers 1100-1900 nmNIRQuest512-1.9 extends wavelength range Ocean Optics has added another option...
- Safe Operating Practice in Oil, Gas and Chemical Processing Operations: the case for Mechanical Key Interlock SystemsBy Mike Fynes, Sales and Marketing Director of Smith Flow...
- Vortex FP control panels monitor gas detectors in Zone 1 hazardous areasCompact model now available for tight spaces where other flameproof...