Modern LED Technology Improves Quality, Efficiency and Lifespan of E.N.T. Examination Instruments
Use of light emitting diodes (LEDs) as an energy-efficient light source has become more commonplace recently as the technology has improved over the last few years. The otoscopes and ophthalmoscopes in Riester’s ri-scope® L and e-scope® ranges now use LED lights to provide a clearer image and increased lifespan with their whiter light and excellent efficiency. LED illumination is also offered with otoscopes in Riester’s ri-former modular diagnostic station, which offers a versatile combination of modular options and cost-savings by negating the need for batteries.
Along with other energy-efficiency improvements such as durable li-ion batteries and automatic power management, Riester’s use of the most up-to-date technology offers doctors and nurses a range of E.N.T. examination instruments that provides higher quality light over a much longer lifespan. For example, the LED lamps in the ri-scope® L series will produce at least 20,000 hours of 17,500 Lux light intensity, compared to the 20-30 hours of a xenon or halogen bulb.
In addition to the direct user benefits, Riester is pleased to be offering a product that is much more environmentally friendly than traditional lamps, with the instruments using less energy, requiring less maintenance and making the batteries last much longer – meaning less waste from disposal and replacement. Alkaline batteries for e-scope® and lithium batteries for ri-scope® L have a much longer lifetime of 50 hours when used with LED illumination compared to traditional bulbs.
For more information please contact:
N. S. Govardhan
Riester Regional Sales Manager
14/A Lakshmi street
Thiru Mangalam Road
Chennai 600 049
Tel/Fax: +91 (0)44 2618 1407
- Riester now offers LED Technology in its Premium Ophthalmoscope RangeRiester now offers LED illumination for all three versions of...
- Riester introduces new ri-focus® LED headlightRiester medical lighting instruments with LED illumination show their quality...
- SeaChanger’s Light Emitting Plasma Technology Featured in Historic Paris MuseumVibrant coloured lighting minimizes energy consumption, heat load on fragile...
- Riester’s ri-cardio 24-hour Blood Pressure Monitor Sets the Standard for Blood Pressure MeasurementRudolf Riester GmbH has been developing and manufacturing devices for...
- New and Improved exacta® Aneroid Sphygmomanometer from RiesterRiester has upgraded its classic twin-tube aneroid sphygmomanometer, exacta®. The...