Perma Pure’s Sample Preparation Key Step in Pollution Monitoring
GASS™ 2040 System prepares acid gas samples for analysis
Accuracy is essential to effective pollution control measurement at the plant level. The GASS 2040 Gas Analysis Sampling System from Perma Pure prepares stack gas for measurement, preserving critical analytes for more accurate results. The system prepares difficult acid gas samples for analysis by removing water, coalescable acid mists and particulate without altering the concentrations of analyte gases.
Photo: http://halmapr.com/pp/2040 Composite.jpg (560 KB)
The stack-mounted GASS 2040 removes water at the probe, enabling dry sample lines for improved accuracy and quicker response times when measuring low level water-soluble gases such as SO2, NO2 and HCl. In many applications, plants can substitute unheated Teflon® sample lines for expensive heated sample lines when using the GASS 2040.
As pollution control systems–including selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems, flue-gas desulphurization (FGD), limestone or carbon injections and other scrubbers–reduce emissions, the water-soluble acid gases become harder to measure, compromising accuracy. The GASS 2040 processes samples containing as much as 50 percent water at rates of up to 20 liters per minute, removing particulates and reducing water content to dew points as low as -20°C.
The system selectively and continuously removes water in vapor phase using patented Nafion® membrane dryers. With this technology, water-soluble analyte gases such as HCl, NOX, and SO2 are protected from loss through dissolution in condensate, and a much lower dew point is achieved than with chiller/condenser technologies. A gas sample dried with Nafion® has only 10-15% of the water content of the same sample dried by a cooler. Drier samples help preserve expensive gas analyzers.
Another advantage over traditional thermoelectric coolers, the CE marked GASS 2040 operates at ambient conditions, eliminating the need for a climate controlled environment. The all stainless, NEMA 4X rated enclosure is durable and resists corrosion, allowing it to be mounted directly on the stack flange.
For more information please contact:
Mr Mahadev Hatti
Perma Pure Sales Manager for India
Halma Trading and Services India Pvt. Ltd.
201 Hyde Park, Saki Vihar Road
Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400 072
Tel: 022 4200 0700; Fax: 022 6708 0415
Mobile : 99300 29944
- New Indi-GASS sample conditioning module from Perma PureProviding more accurate process control and environmental monitoring Combustion and...
- Perma Pure adds Technical Manager to Support India MarketRupesh Patade has joined Perma Pure as Technical Manager for...
- Sensorex’s Transmitter Displays and Controls pH and ORP Values for Process MonitoringTX-3000 pH/mV from Sensorex provides real-time data Sensorex’s TX-3000 pH/mV...
- New Compact Turbimeter from Palintest for Reliable Portable Turbidity MeasurementPalintest Ltd, the leader in water analysis technology, is delighted...
- Ocean Optics Spectrometers Land Safely on MarsThree Ocean Optics (www.OceanOptics.com) instruments have completed their eight month...