New Gas-Pro Confined Space Gas Detector from Crowcon
Crowcon’s new Gas-Pro portable gas detector is designed with just one purpose – ensuring safety in confined spaces. It is robust, reliable and simple to use with a bright, easy to read display and long battery life.
(Photo caption: Worker wearing Crowcon’s new Gas-Pro confined space entry detector)
The Gas-Pro has a number of special features specific to confined space entry (CSE) work:
- Compact and comparable in size to leading front-mount diffusion detectors, which means it will not get in the way of other personal protection equipment (PPE) and not interfere with the worker’s primary activity.
- Bright, clear top-mount display that can be read at a glance without having to even touch the detector. A dual colour backlight adds an extra level of alert should the Gas-Pro enter alarm status.
- Automated pre-entry check function. This is recorded in the event log making it traceable and proving the check was carried out prior to CSE.
- An internal pump allowing pre-entry testing to be done quickly and easily. This also keeps the size of the detector small and removes the problems of poor sealing or the need for extra equipment and chargers.
- +ve Safety™ (positive safety). Tri-colour status indication giving quick and effective monitoring of gas test (bump), calibration, over range and recent alarm notification. Because the indication light is visible to all it offers the fleet manager a quick, simple and comprehensive visible indication of monitor status.
- Multiple gas sensors for up to five potentially hazardous gases from a wide range, including: hydrogen sulphide, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxygen and flammable gases, as well as industry-specific gases such as ozone, ammonia, chlorine, chlorine dioxide and sulphur dioxide.
- Extremely rugged with IP65 and IP67 ingress protection with an extremely loud >95 dB alarm as well as a vibrating and dual colour visual warnings as standard.
The Gas-Pro is therefore ideally suited for CSE work. Personnel entering these spaces can now focus on their core activities, safe in the knowledge that their gas detector is focused on its core activity.
According to the UK’s Health and Safety Executive (HSE) a confined space means ‘any place, including any chamber, tank, vat, silo, pit, trench, pipe, sewer, flue, well or other similar space in which, by virtue of its enclosed nature, there arises a reasonably foreseeable risk’.
This definition covers just about any industrial activity but is especially applicable to the utilities industries (water and wastewater, electricity, telecommunications and gas), construction, hydrocarbon exploration and processing, petrochemicals, marine applications, agriculture, food processing, wine making and brewing, as well as emergency services. The Gas-Pro is ideal for these and many other applications.